Thursday, September 04, 2008

The coming of age

Aging is often a term that draws frowns on faces whenever it is mentioned. It means that one is nearer to his/her death as well as a couple of health issues. Looking at the other side of the story, it also brings with it invaluable experience and life lessons. Since aging is inevitable, why do people still ponder about it all the time?

I used to hate it up to a point that I wish that I could stay young forever. This was such an utopian view and thinking back, I felt so childish then. This view could probably be back-dated to the days when I was reading Harry Potter books and I was so obsessed by it that I had always fantasied myself being a character in it. Wells, things have changed; so do our environment and I gotta move back to reality. Now, I embraced life everyday and enjoyed my aging for it means that I have accumulated one more day of experience. Life is so beautiful that one should age with grace and one should appreciate every little thing that comes your way. At least for me, that is what I am thinking about now. And I believe that this will bring me happiness everyday... (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home